According to Islamic tradition the “evil eye” is real, as Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم). said: “The evil eye is real.The evil eye is from two sources:
1) the evil eye from mankind 2) the evil eye from Jinn
The evil eye from mankind is confirmed in many narrations, as Abu Sated (radiallahu anh) said the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said to seek refuge from jinn’s and the evil eye from mankind. (At-tirmidhi, 2058)
As for evil eye from jinn’s, it has been narrated ny Umm Salamah (radiallahu anhaa) that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) saw in her house a slave girl and in her face was sa faa’ah. upon which the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said: ” Seek Ruqyah for her, for verily she is afflicted with a look (evil eye). ” (Al-Bukhari, 5739)
The scholars have said “As-sa-faa’ah” is the evil eye from Jinn’s.
The reason for the evil eye is mostly because of envy (envy is to wish for the prevention of bounty for another person, even though the envier doesn’t wish for this bounty). The reality of envy is the result of hatred and malice, which is the result of anger. ( Fath Al-Haq Al-Mubeen, 219) The evil eye is like an arrow or spear that leaves the soul of the envier and goes to the person that is envied. It afflicts the person envied at times and sometimes it doesn’t. When it doesn’t afflict him, it is because of the protective methods he uses (whether supplications, seeking refuge, etc.) Also, when it doesn’t. afflict him, the evil eye can return to the envier. ( The Medicine of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) , 138)
What is an important fact to know is that the evil eye has no effect except by Allah’s will. A man can give himself the evil eye and he can also give it to others. It can afflict someone without even being seen by the envier. For example, a blind man cannot see a person, but he can still cast the evil eye, or perhaps if the person is not around and they are described to the envier without being seen by him, it can afflict that person. It can also be afflicted by one being amazed at himself without being envious to himself or others. The evil eye can be done by anyone, even a loved one or a righteous person.
So, it is incumbent on each and every one of us to take the necessary precautions and try to prevent being affected by the evil eye, and to say the supplications and remembrance upon seeing something amazing and good. (Fath Al-Haq Al-Mubeen, 198) If any thing were to overtake the divine decree (al-qadar) it would be the evil eye.” (Muslim, 2188)
The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم), said after destiny( al-qadar ) my Ummah will die mostly due to Evil Eye.
Evil Eye (Nazar) takes Man to the graveyard and Camel to the Pot.
Evil Eye makes one fall down from the mountain.
Islam teaches Muslims to seek protection and refuge in Allah from the evils of envy through the recitation of prayers, verses from the Quran and supplications. The hijaab is also key element for protection against the evil eye. And since women are most likely to be afflicted by it, then it is one of the reasons why Allah made the hijaab is obligatory on them – as a means of protection- that is why it is forbidden for believing women to display any of their beauty in front of non-mahrams (any person that a woman is able to marry), as Allah says in the quran:
“And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands’ fathers, their sons, their husbands’ sons, their brothers, their brothers’ sons, their sisters’ sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed.”
[Surah Noor 24:31]
Symptoms of Evil Eye
. Body weakness
. Lack of apetit
. Face turns yellow or looses its colour
. Cry without reason
. Feeling body shakes
. Tightness on the chest
. Laziness and lake of strength for work
. Sometimes Dizziness
. Arm and leg pain
. Pain moving in body
. Disease that don’t get cured with medicine
. Lack of interest in daily activities
. Women loosing hair
. Hatred to meet Family, Friends and People
. Destruction in business
. Blockages in Business
. Whatever work you are expert in cannot perform and feels sick
The Treatment of the Evil Eye
There are categories of treatment for those afflicted with the evil eye.
The first category: Treatments before the evil eye occurs:
There are many types, which is as follows:
* Protect yourself and those whom you fear for from it with remembrances, supplications and seeking refuge that is in accordance with the Qur’an and Sunnah, as is mentioned in the first category for the treatment of magic.
* supplicate for whom you fear might be afflicted with it (if you see something within yourself, your wealth, your son, your brother or anything that amazes you) with blessing. From the statement of the Prophet (saws)
” If anyone says from his brother what amazes him, let him supplicate for him with blessings: This is what Allah wills, there is no strength except with Allah, O Allah bless him with it. ”
* Guard anything or anyone that is attractive and may be a recipient of the evil eye. This means:
1) When a person has a beautiful family he should guard them by seeking protection from Allah for them, teaching and commanding them to do so, and also by dressing them properly not to expose their bodies or beauty so as not to be envied and affected by the evil eye. The Prophet (saws) used to seek protection for Hassan and Hussein by saying:
” I seek refuge for both of you in the perfect words of Allah and from every satan, vermin, and from every evil eye.”
2) If someone has wealth, he should guard it by asking Allah to bless and protect it and be thankful to Allah.
3) If someone has good news and he knows people will envy him because of it, he should guard it by keeping it secret.
NOTE: If you know a person is famous for being envious and is known to affect people with the evil eye, it is important to keep away from him.he Second Category: Treatments after the affliction of the evil eye:
1) If the person who causes the evil eye is known, command him to make ablution (wudu) and then the afflicted person should shower with the water form the ablution. (sunan abu Dawud 419).
We ask ALLAH to give you Shifa (Cure)